Friday, May 27, 2011

Update

Dad is ok, but he isn't doing too good. His oxygen levels usually hang around 96 or 97, today when the nurse came it was 93. Nurse B said not to worry until it got into the low 80s. Well poo on Nurse B, I will worry if I want to.

Dad is having problems -- again -- with his blood pressure dropping when he stands. It is also low just sitting. Nurse B called the doctor and Dr said to stop one of dad's blood pressure medicines.

I was told by P, the Hospice social worker, that COPD can change on a dime. So I just don't know what to expect. Well I sort of do, but I still don't know. I know that sounds weird, but I guess I'm
confused about a lot of things at the moment.

There will come a point in time that dad will be to weak to get out of bed or do anything much more than sleep. I don't know how I will take care of him when that comes to being.

No comments: