Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Closer to coming home.....I hope

Talked to dad's doctor today. She said that dad is on one last blood pressure medicine (I thought he was off all of them) and they are going to lower the dosage and see what happens with him getting dizzy. Right now he can sit on the side of the bed but can't stand up without getting dizzy.

While doing this last (?) adjustment in his medicine will mean that dad needs to stay in the hospital until Friday. Then the big decision, does dad come home or go back to The Oaks. Everyone says the main reason for dad to go back to The Oaks is safety. He needs someone with him 24/7 for a little while to make sure he is safe. For some reason they don't believe I can be with dad 24/7 and keep him safe. Ok, I can't be with him 24/7 because I will need to come back to my house to feed my cats, get my mail....and sometime go the grocery store. But we went through this last year after dad spent 3 months in a nursing home.

Can going to The Oaks for another week or two going to do any good? He has already fallen there 3 times. I will have physical therapy coming to the house to work with him -- ok so they will only come to the house 3 times a week and at The Oaks he would get 5 times a week.

I don't know. I really think I can be with daddy almost 24/7 and I can trust him to stay in the bed or in a chair while I run to my house to feed my cats. If I have to be gone longer I will just have to hire a CNA to come out for a few hours (unless I can find someone to come sit with him while I go out). And it won't be like it is going to be a forever thing, probably just a couple of weeks.

Got to do a lot of thinking and praying. I have to decide by this Friday what I am going to do. Right or wrong I have a decision to make. HELP!!!

1 comment:

Missie said...

That's one hard decision to make. I think I may lean to have him go back to Oaks for a few weeks. I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm sure you'll decide on the right thing to do.