Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday's update

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I was just so very tired.

Dad's colonoscopy was clear. No problems with anything going or coming. Yay

So I was telling dad that tomorrow he would be moved back to The Oaks for therapy. He was shaking his head no, he didn't believe me. Then in walked Dr M. Dad can't even sit on the side of the bed without getting so dizzy he falls back into bed. Dr M wants dad to stay until Tuesday.

Seems Dr M and the cardiologist are seeing things differently as far as dad's blood pressure medicine. Dr M says someone has to take the "bull by the horns" and do something. And he is the one to do it. If he doesn't he believes dad will fall and end up back in the hospital.

What is Dr M going to do? He is cutting out all of dad's blood pressure medicines. Yep. I asked him what about the cardiologist. Dr P (dad's cardiologist) isn't working today but will be there tomorrow and Dr M will talk with him. He could have talked to the cardiologist on duty today but I am guessing since Dr P is dad's main cardiologist that Dr M will be able to get him on board easier. Hope so.

Oh, I am totally on board with the discontinuing of the blood pressure medicine. I am hurting over the fact that I (well, daddy) am still paying for the unused bed at the Oaks. I asked Dr M if maybe dad could come home for his therapy -- if they get the dizziness under control.l He said we will just have to wait to see. Bummer.

1 comment:

Nina said...

ahhhh... that would be great to see him home again auntie! but I hope and pray that they get everything straightened out for his sake! and I'm hoping that here in the next week or so we all can come down to see yall, yes kids and all! lol talk with you soon! Love ya bunches!